WEEK 9: 10 Week Declutter Challenge
Welcome to the week nine challenge!
This week we are going to address all of the stuff in your car and everything stacked up in your garage! Try to get rid of 20 items or more. Carry only what you need with you in your vehicle and store only needed items neatly in your garage.
10 Ideas to Help You Declutter Your Car and Garage:
1. Glove Compartment – Clean out your glove compartment and throw away receipts and papers you no longer need. Keep your manual, wheel lock, and tire pressure gauge.
2. Center Console – Clean out your center console and remove loose change, napkins, and all other excess stuff. Keep your car charger/cable with you.
3. Trunk – Do you have junk in your trunk? Get it out! The extra weight in your trunk is detrimental to your gas mileage. Keep emergency supplies such as a tire pump, jumper cables, a towel, and shopping bags.
4. Cabin – Get everything out of your car that you do not need on a daily basis while driving. Remove all papers, trash, clothing, and whatever else you have in the car. Keep an umbrella!
1. Toolboxes – Donate duplicate tools and clean out toolboxes of excess hardware. Try to organize like items with like items for easy access in the future.
2. Paint and Supplies – Dispose of old paint properly and donate any unneeded or unused supplies to a charitable organization.
3. Sporting Equipment – Sell or donate old sports equipment that is no longer of use.
4. Overstock Items – Organize overstock items such as paper towels, tissue, and cleaning supplies for easy access.
5. Rarely Used Items in Storage – What all do you have in storage in your garage? Clean out bins containing holiday items, old clothes, etc.
6. Abandoned Stuff – Other people’s stuff and your “to do” pile should be addressed. Call friends who have their things stored at your place and see if they can take them back. Deal with your “to do” boxes, too.
How did you do? Comment below!
Did you miss Week 1? Start here with The Week One Challenge!
<<<THE NEXT CHALLENGE GETS POSTED MONDAY>>>