WEEK 7: 10 Week Declutter Challenge
Last week we decluttered the closets. Let’s move on with the 10 Week Declutter Challenge by cleaning out and organizing your personal effects! I know you are loving this now and that you are seeing a change in you space, stress levels, and a decrease in cleaning time now!
So, let’s get going on the next challenge!
Welcome to the week seven challenge!
This week we are going to address all of your personal effects! You may come across items that you are unsure of keeping or letting go. Ask yourself this: “What’s the worst that could happen?” Example: I removed my Sam’s Club Card from my wallet and ended up at Sam’s! Oops! Customer Service printed me off a temporary shopping pass. NBD. So, try to get rid of 20 items or more. Be safe with personal information and shred what you need to, throw things away, and lighten your overall load!
6 Ideas to Help You Declutter Your Personal Effects:
1. Wallet – Go through your wallet and remove items that are expired, such as old insurance cards or store memberships, and old receipts. Most stores have your phone number on file so there is no reason to have a card in your wallet!
Examples of what to keep: ID, Cash, Debit Card, 1 Credit Card, Insurance Cards.
2. Purse – Did you know your purse can cause back and neck pain? Clean out your purse and get rid of all trash, receipts, old pens, change, and anything else that is weighing you down! I don’t even carry a purse on a daily basis anymore.
3. Gym Bag – What’s in your gym bag? Clean out empty bottles, excess towels and clothing, and whatever else may be hanging out in there.
4. Computer Bag – Go through your laptop bag and get rid of anything that is not pertinent to work. Get rid of excess cables, extra papers, pens, and anything else you don’t need on a daily basis.
5. Key Chain – Check out your key chain and remove anything you don’t use daily.
6. Planner – If you still use a daily planner make sure it is neat and professional. Remove all papers and excess items from your planner.
How did you do? Comment below!
Did you miss Week 1? Start here with The Week One Challenge!