WEEK 3: 10 Week Declutter Challenge
Last week we decluttered the kitchen. Let’s continue on with the 10 Week Declutter Challenge by moving on. I hope this challenge is helping you get clutter and excess stuff out of your home. You should be feeling really good about how your space is transforming.
Let’s keep moving!
Welcome to the week three challenge!
We will continue by decluttering the living room! This is a good place to follow up because, again, there shouldn’t be too much that is sentimental, any items to try on, or items to really think too hard about. Try to get rid of 20 items minimum. Don’t get overwhelmed with organizing or cleaning if you don’t want to. Focus on getting the excess out first. Sell, donate, or recycle what you can and chunk the rest!
10 Ideas to Help You Declutter Your Living Room:
1. Magazines and Books – Magazines, books, catalogs, and newspapers should be minimized or, at the very least, organized. Donate books and magazines and recycle catalogs and newspapers.
2. Electronics – Get rid of old games/consoles, DVDs, CDs, tapes, and other electronic entertainment that you no longer use.
3. Blankets and Pillows – Donate or throw away blankets and pillows that are in excess or in poor shape.
4. Toys – Clean out the dog toys, cat toys, and outgrown children toys that are in your living room.
5. Broken Stuff – Anything that is broken, missing pieces, or of questionable quality.
6. Unused Items – Donate or sell empty picture frames and empty vases.
7. Scent Stuff – Old plug-ins, old potpourri, and worn out candles should be thrown out.
8. Tidy Up! – Put everything away that doesn’t belong in the living room.
9. Silk Plants and Flowers – Get rid of old and dusty sun faded silk plants and flowers.
10. Decor – Minimize tabletop decor, wall hangings, and decorative pieces. If it’s smaller than a cantaloupe, consider getting rid of it. Bigger items but less of them make a great impact on a space!
How did you do? Comment below!
Did you miss Week 1? Start here with The Week One Challenge!