DALLAS: Deep Ellum Wine Walk Review
April 21, 2016
WHO: Hosted by Deep Ellum Events, LLC
WHAT: Wine Walk with shopping and fun benefitting Deep Ellum Urban Gardens
WHEN: April 21, 6PM – 9PM and occurs every third Thursday of the month.
WHERE: Deep Ellum – 2650 B Main Street, Dallas, TX 75226
I arrived in Deep Ellum with a girlfriend around 6:30PM via Lyft (safety first, y’all!) and checked-in at the main table by showing my ID and paying cash while my friend paid with plastic. I got my super cute limited-edition glass featuring Texas trees and was happy to know a donation was made to the neighborhood’s own Deep Ellum Urban Gardens!
We played the passport game which is where you check out local businesses and receive a stamp on your card. 6 stamps gets you in the running for prizes and your glass is refilled at each participating business. We also did the Instagram challenge which includes fun rules like “it must be a selfie” and “your Wine Walk glass must be featured” along with hashtag and tagging requirements. Wine refills included reds, whites, and sangria but varied by location.
My passport lead me to the following small businesses for shopping and a wine refill:
8. The Akola Project – jewelry story that is 100% invested in empowering women globally.
6. Blade Craft Barber Academy – refines gentlemen one service at a time through providing proper education on the art of straight razor shaving & men’s grooming.
13. Dallas School Of Burlesque/ Dallas School of Drag – fan dance, chair dance, flexibility, burlesque workshops, private lessons, and the best bachelorette parties in town!
12. Heather Michaels MAKE UP – hair and make up, classes, special FX, and more.
10. Kettle Art – The Kettle is run by artists, for artists, on a purely volunteer basis. Art changes frequently.
4. Lula B’s Antique Mall – Antiques, oddities, and fun in a traditional Texas antique store booth layout. Sad to see the relocation sign on the front door!
15. Orange Salon – dedicated to creating and maintaining one of the most unique salons in Dallas.
5. Rocket Fizz – the largest selection of candy and soda ever found in one store.
At about 8:30PM we returned to the check-in table to watch the crowning of the April King and Queen of Deep Ellum and to see who won a gift certificate from a local merchant. A lot of people won gift certificates and I won a $25 voucher to Life Of Riley!
I can’t wait until the next Wine Walk which is every 3rd Thursday! Upcoming dates are set for May 19, June 16, July 21, August 18, and September 15.